Saturday, December 10, 2011

Use Me Tonight


He sat

Arms splayed, hands making holes in the bed beside him
Head in his lap, eyes counting the threads in his jeans
His blood stained lips hung silently around her name
His ears replaying her screams, neglecting the doors creak

I sat

Taking the crushing weight of his broken hand into mine
Bringing his thumb to my lips, saying his name into his palm
Holding the steady drumming of his pulse to my ear
Letting his name take another fall from my open lips

He pushed

With every remaining ounce of his fading virility
A breaking whisper told me to leave him to himself
Ripping his hand from me, a shout to strengthen the whisper
His eyes blood shot and broken, negating his words

I pushed

With every ounce of love my breaking heart held for him
Stealing his hand into mine, to cradle it without resistance
Making my presence unequivocally evident to his eyes
Refusing to let him fall deeper into the hole he had begun to dig

He cried

Tears that made hell seem like a euphoric bliss
Forcing his hands through my hair to pull me closer
His lips making sobbing quivers against mine in silence
Letting his wall fall hard into my mouth; no less of a man

I cried

Pushing my hands against his shaking, bare chest; wet
His trembling lips desperately groping the dark for mine
His broken eyes watered with a touch of confusion
His lips beg me for just one night, just one more time

He said

He loved me as his fingers made it seem the undying truth
Removing the ties from my hair to tickle my chest lightly
As the clothes fell to the floor to mark the point of no return
He said her name into my lips as he moved into me

I said

I loved him too through the tears marking my face
I apologized to him in his ear as my voice broke
And in a room so silent, the noise was deafening
I said I loved him as he cried and screamed her name

No comments:

Post a Comment