Saturday, December 10, 2011

Swell.

“The ocean is so heavy,” I said against the stubble of your jaw.
I remember I said it, do you remember that it was said?
As your hand passed over my forehead a third time, your assurance.
I loved the tide as I loved your perfect hands I would never twice see.

“But it never quits,” tide after tide, low or high, it loves.
Carrying a voice, a voice from lips that softly stroked your ear.
Eyes that looked up to a stony face, with too many months of wear.
I loved that face as I loved the tide, pushing on my fragile heart.

“It loves you,” I whispered across the tear moistening my lips
Aiding the blue in it’s words left unspoken, caressing the shore.
You swallowed hard against my cheek, silencing my praises.
I loved your motions as I loved the waves’ swells, perfection.

“It loves you, heavy and restless, with every lovely swell."
I remember you said it, do you remember that it was said?
Words weighted with salty brine, tainted in your lovely eyes.
You loved me as the oceans loves a ship wreck in it’s belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment