Saturday, May 26, 2012

You Taught Me Words

Please just remember, you taught me words.
How a phrase can become the most beautiful of flowers,
And words can tear at the heart strings like the tug of a newborn.
You made me make others feel me, feel you; feel life.

You taught me how to speak emotion,
Unlike how I used to fumble upon words with a shaking voice.
I simply spoke how I felt, making you uncomfortable and older,
Touching your heart with the tip of my finger, to feel the littlest bit.

I taught you nothing and force fed you emotion.
Emotion you didn't want, emotion that was wrong; emotion titled criminal.
I tugged at your hands and your shirt and anything to make you stay,
And God knows I watched you leave as my heart crawled to my sleeve.

You taught me everything I didn't know.
You taught me words, emotion, love, hate, poetry.
You taught me to feel Spring as if it were your hugs once more.
You taught me how it feels when the best part of you leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment